Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Luke Likes Lichen





I learned about lichen at Mountain School. Christina taught me all about different kinds of lichen. My favorite is the Old Man's Beard because it really looks like an old man's beard. I also learned about Puff Lichen, Pixie's Goblet, British Soldiers, and the Reindeer lichen. There are many other kinds of lichen. Lichen is not a plant, it is a mix of algae and fungus. The fungus provides the home and the algae provides the food. We learned a poem about lichen, "Freddy Fungus and Alice Algae took a lichen to each other. Now their relationship is on the rocks and trees!" It was really fun learning about lichen. I hope to find other kinds of lichen when I go camping with my family.
By Luke

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger janell said...

luke
it seem's like you had an amazing time at MT. school im going up there next week and i can't wait!
i love that poem you learned too, very fun stuff.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger jason said...

Luke,
I liked the horse hair lichen the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home